The rise in prevalence of allergic diseases has continued in the industrialized world for more than 50 years. Sensitization rates to one or more common allergens among school children are currently approaching 40-50 percent. Roughly 13 percent of adults in the U.S. have sinusitis, and another 7.8 percent have hay fever.
Many of your patients are suffering, and many of them are suffering in silence. As medical professionals, we are trained to ask what medications our patients are currently taking. Patients don’t always think to inform their doctors of over-the-counter (OTC) medications. It’s especially important to ask about this since many of your patients are self-medicating.
Learn more about the growing allergy crisis in the U.S. and how non-allergy medical professionals can help ease patient suffering.
A study by Meltzer and colleagues published findings of the Allergies in America survey, which looked at the burden of allergic rhinitis and found that healthcare providers typically overestimate their patients’ satisfaction in allergy disease management and benefits of treatment.
Allergies and asthma affects the quality of life of hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
Allergy sufferers typically seek relief through conventional over-the-counter pharmacological means, such as antihistamines and decongestants, or prescription immunosuppressive medications. While these treatments offer welcomed relief, and sometimes even save lives, they do not treat the “cause” of the allergy itself. Left untreated, allergies can spread, worsen, and may even cause more serious health problems. Furthermore, reliance on these medications may become problematic, as many drugs have undesirable short-and long-term side effects (Phelps 2011).
Your patients don’t have to suffer unnecessarily. There is a solution.
The AllergenScript system was designed with the non-allergist in mind. It is a patented, proven, clinically safe and easy-to-administer, needle-free test with effective allergen immunotherapy treatment solutions.
Benefits for your patients:
- Improved overall quality of life. This cannot be underestimated.
- Treating the root cause of allergic disease rather than masking symptoms increases patient confidence in long-term outcomes.
- Allergen immunotherapy can help alleviate allergy suffering permanently for many patients.
- Patients report feeling happier and more comfortable receiving diagnosis and treatment from their trusted doctor, as opposed to a third-party specialist.
- Patients report more financial satisfaction in saving the additional expense of specialist copays.
- Many patients will be able to reduce reliance on OTC allergy medications, thus relieving long-term risks caused by the side effects of antihistamines and their financial burden.
- Patients are more productive and report less time off work and school when their allergies are being treated and under control.
With the AllergenScript system, physicians are treating the actual cause of their patients’ suffering with a reimbursable and effective treatment option.
This program is unique in that it allows your patients to be treated safely in-house without third-party involvement while you generate significant new practice income.
You can now treat the cause of your patients’ misery with evidence-based allergen immunotherapy, rather than just temporarily alleviating their symptoms.
The AllergenScript system is a patented, highly-esteemed, user-friendly allergy testing and treatment program designed with the non-allergy health professional in mind. It allows medical practitioners the ability to quickly and accurately diagnosis and treat patient allergies in their own offices, without the need for third-party referrals.
The test is easy to administer and results are indicated in 15-20 minutes. The physician can then decide whether the patient should receive in-house treatment or be referred to a board-certified allergy specialist. If the patient can be treated in-office, the AllergenScript system provides simple, ongoing allergy treatment options that can be administered by you and your staff.